• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Black Desert Online Every Sunday

    Black Desert Online Every Sunday


    Every Sunday

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Low effort alchemy meme

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Would be cool though.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Ahh Yes, the Finest Weaponry

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    PSA: Do not use Advanced Loot Scrolls during Agris Fever!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Long Live The King

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    The Light of Kamasylvia

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Waterressource - stonks

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Is the current karma system too broken for the newly added sea contents?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I hope that you're all staying healthy. I'm writing this post to discuss the current issue of the current naval warfare system, as I would like to call it after the Great Ocean Expansion.

    As you have known, several months ago PA introduced lots of cool ships and new ocean features for us to explore, which adds lots of fascination into the game. This gives us more choices to explore and interact with the wonderful world of BDO. After months of balancing, there are many issues that I realize with these new contents so I would like to share them with you and initiate an open discussion so that it might be balanced more quickly. I would like to only focus on the naval warfare system in this topic so no bartering contents is included.

    Firstly about the karma system in the sea, I'm playing in SEA currently, and there are many sea-focused guilds which have lots of carracks and they cause lots of trouble for other people. They just do PVP wherever they want and seem not to want anyone else to set sail to the sea. As a result, all of them have negative karma, and even that's the case, this doesn't stop them from doing such terrible things to other players. I and my friends have actually involved in many fights with them for several times and here are some of their tactics.

    1. They like hunting for guilds that are fighting Khan and spoiling such fight, usually they would have 4 or 5 carracks and keep shooting the cannon with forced-PVP on, and they just do it for fun.
    2. Each of them would have one level 49 character ready on Oquilla. When the ship is sunk they can use this character to repair the ship so that the character wouldn't be killed by other people guarding the wharf manager.
    3. During the fight, they also have many other level-49 characters (maybe of a different guild, possibly their alliance) on their ships to repair the ship during the fight. These characters couldn't be killed either even when people board on their ships.
    4. They would go in herd of 5 or 6 ships to Vell every week to spoil the boss battling using the same tactics mentioned above.
    5. And of course, they would just shoot at everyone when they are setting the ship auto-run for the bartering.

    All of this is possible due to the inconsistent karma system that is being implemented, and not yet adapted to the sea contents having just been added. And as you can see, such a system is really imbalanced and invincible for carrack owners who take the experience spoiling as their main source of fun when playing bdo.

    Secondly, usually on land, even with very good gears, forced-PVP in normal servers would be severely punished by the karma system. So man-slaughtering is heavily punished if someone just wants to do it for fun when he or she could. With negative karma, gears could be degraded as well as other punishments, but in the sea such a system doesn't work. Here are some points that I regard as "too broken" and not yet adapted:

    1. When the captain of a carrack holds the wheel, he or she becomes invincible as the damage is only dealt to the ship, when someone boards on the ship and attacks the captain directly. This makes it almost impossible to resist to such a behavior especially for newly formed guilds.
    2. When the ship is sunk, only the gears of the captain might be downgraded, but not the gears of the ship (while it's the ship that causes the trouble in the first place!). The cost of repairing the carrack might be high, but considering the fact that there is no bartering penalty for players with negative karma, it's not so considerable. Some of you might think the death of the sailors could be considered as a punishment, but players with positive karma also have to face this, so it couldn't be considered as a punishment.
    3. Combining with the level-49 trick I mentioned above, it's almost impossible to resist to such naughty behaviors at least for the current system.

    From all of those points, it can be seen that such a system really encourages such naughty behaviors and I think the crime isn't properly punished. For me, the current system is still fun to play with. There are still many tactics to fight against such behaviors but they are not easy. However, I think it's the cruelty of BDO that makes it appealing.

    I acknowledge that crafting a ship and enhancing gears are both painful, yet in different ways, so it's no point to compare between the two. I have talked to my friends of different guilds about this issue and we have many different ideas about how it should be balanced. For me, carracks could be regarded as your gears in a naval fight so it should be treated the same way as your gears on land. However I think naval warfare should have its own unique tactics, so I only hope that PA could do something about this issue.

    My suggestion is that it might be better if the captains could be attacked and terminated directly. This allows the implementations of many more tactics in a naval fight and also doesn't intervene with the current karma system. Moreover, I think it's still fair with the captain, because boarding on a carrack is itself very difficult considering the nature of the ship, so it's very tactically heavy. This also reduces the loss to both sides as the captain wouldn't need to repair the ship but the naughty behavior could also be stopped immediately once the captain is terminated.

    Thank you for your time and I hope that this wall of text is constructive to improve the game we all love. It's an open discussion so you can just give your opinions and I would really be grateful to discuss it with you.

    Peace,

    submitted by /u/stripeqn
    [link] [comments]

    It OnLy cOsTS 10 EuROs, yOu dOnT nEed AnYThIng ElSe

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    ... of the Night

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Kama daily rotation (121 peridot leafs in +- 45mins) for your infinite potions/dream horse

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    Thought it was a good idea to get rid of caution on my horse, regretting it now...

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Musa vs Ninja

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Basically I've been messing around with both on trial chars, and I like them both. Specifically succession musa and awakening ninja. Can anyone tell me how they compare PVP/PVE wise? I haven't done enough trial to give a good judgement since I'm not good at either yet, but I really want to re-roll off zerker to either of those two. Any insight is very appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MaximizedLoL
    [link] [comments]

    Nani?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    my sorc just wanna share XD

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    ALIENS at Vell

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Just bought explorers package how do I get the items?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    I was able to get the pet and furniture from the website but I cannot find the horse or other items in game? Am I missing something

    submitted by /u/Syfaio
    [link] [comments]

    Make peace not war

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Need some tips on what to do now

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Does agris fever stack with loot scrolls?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Having problems with my adventure tome and chenga quest line.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    I've been trying to figure out why i can't start the quest line for the chenga tome. When i talk to aljai i can't start the hooms song quest. I don't have a adventures tome and cannot grab one from the lost gift quest from the black spirit. I went to aljai on an alt account could not access the hooms song quest that way either. I am very lost and not sure what i did to mess myself up so bad. I prob deleted the item not realizing i needed it and may have also fortified a quest mid way through in my rush to 60. Any advice would be much appreciated

    submitted by /u/ThornyBush
    [link] [comments]

    Can you mix and match costumes?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Ie I wanted to wear a hat with a costume that says wearable on tops, gloves, shoes, hat.. would I will able to wear both items or would wearing one remove the other? Just before I spend like 50mil~ on a hat lol

    submitted by /u/ripeaches
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment